Four years…seriously!?! It’s been three years since I’ve written a blog post. Wow. I only meant to take a six month hiatus but life just took over and three years have blown by. Oops. So let me bring you up to speed.
- MADD volunteering – hundreds of hours.
- Bought a couple of old snowmobiles, blew one up, bought two more old snowmobiles. Lots of snowmobiling during the winter months.
- A couple trips to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic to help pass the winter months (including a surprise trip for my 40th birthday).
- Yes…I turned 40. And 41…
- Tess, my beloved duck toller, died. Check out here tribute video.
- Hubby launched his Bat Hubby persona (you are gonna get to see lots of Bat Hubby around here).
- We welcomed a new duck toller puppy into our life, Arizona. Six month later, we adopted her three-year-old sire (father) so our home is now a two duck toller home. I am not-so-secretly hinting away for a third puppy but still working on Hubby.
- We started feeding our dogs a raw diet (yes, raw…like chicken thighs, ground beef etc). I love it.
- Put Arizona into agility. Finishing up her training this year and Buddy’s next in 2017.
- If you hadn’t already noticed, became super obsessed dog person (follow me on Instagram, I post a ton of dog pics).
- We bought and sold the camp, two tent trailers, two travel trailers and now own a fifth wheel camper. Love glamping.
- Hubby bought a motorcycle – uber sexy!
- I lost my job (well I didn’t lose it, I know exactly where it is…four hours away in another city and I didn’t go with it). I found a new job (woot woot) that I have fallen in love with it. Especially the peeps! Best work peeps evah!!
- Spent a lot of time at beaches, camping, traveling, sight seeing, hiking etc.
- Put on 30 pounds. Put another 20 this summer. More on that later…
- Lost loved ones (death, divorce, choice) and found new loved ones (birth, marriage, choice).
Check out the slide show below from the past few years. You may notice a theme.
So now that we got that out of the way and are all up to date, what’s next?
I retitled the blog as part of my re-entry into the world of blogging. A Lipgloss Redneck really sums me up. Deep down a country girl with a dash of city mixed in for good measure. Hope y’all like it. For more deets, check out my updated About Me.
What am I going to write about?
Let’s see…..SHOCKER….my dogs, since I am insanely obsessed with them. I’ll be sharing a mix of personal stories and hilarious lipgloss redneck fun! I am going to embark on a major lifestyle change (and it’s gonna get ugly and ya know I am going to share those deets!!). Urban Word Insanity will definitely be back! And yes….Hubby will be around with hilarity and insanity with Hubby’s Corner and Bat Hubby videos. He’s going to keep you in stitches!
When am I going to post?
I can’t say I am going to stick to a rigid blogging schedule. Part of what has stopped me from getting back into blogging is feeling overwhelmed by the idea of a heavy posting schedule with everything else going on in my life. As Hubby likes to point out, I am slightly OCD about things. I am usually ALL in or ALL out. He reminded me that blogging doesn’t have to be that way. For me, now, it’s about having a creative outlet to have fun with. So that’s how I am going to approach it. I hope to write fairly regularly but we’ll see how it goes.
For more deets, visit my updated About This Blog.
Also wanted to say that if I don’t reply to every comment, rest assured I read every single one and love and appreciate that you swing by on occasion and put your two cents in…If I don’t visit your blog every day or comment on every post, rest assured I do visit regularly and love your work!
This should be fun….
What have y’all been up to the last few years? How’s life? Any specific kind of post you’d love to see?