When MADD Canada representatives visited our home recently (stay tuned for an ultra cool post with more details to come) I found out that the organization has a magazine fundraising store. You can order or renew your magazine subscriptions totally online. The win-win kicker….you get to save 85% off newsstand prices (squeeee) AND 37% of your purchase goes directly to MADD Canada. Shut the front door, I know, eh?!?!?!
With over 600 magazine titles, including 60 French magazines, I have no doubt you can find your faves there. I mean…if you are going to order them anyway, why not save money and support a great organization to boot?!?!?
Have you participated in fundraising magazine subscriptions before? What is your experience? Is it something you’d consider doing?
Two years ago, my beautiful mother-in-law’s life was cut tragically short by an impaired driver. In honor of Donna Jean Kennie, please don’t drink and drive. Impaired driving is 100% preventable. Think about it.
P.S. In case you missed Monday’s post where I spotlight author Elena Aitken, you should definitely check it out. There’s a great giveaway and it ends Saturday so get reading and commenting!!!
Normally on Friday I share links to great posts about social media stuff and I do have a few for you but first, I want to bring your attention to two posts that truly knocked my socks off and I encourage all women to read and embrace:
- August McLaughlin has organized THE MOST amazing blog event ever: Beauty of a Woman BlogFest. You must check it out and visit the incredible line-up of fahhhbulous blog posts women from all over have put together about their take on beauty. Each post will leave you breathless and in awe of your own beauty!
- Marcia Richards’ post and video with Dr. Lissa Rankin was full of “aha” moments for me. Especially when I realize that I…am…a Cosmic Tit!
And for some social media goodness:
- Are you up to date on Jenny Hansen’s post on Triberr? This week we got Triberr part 4. Be sure to check out Jenny’s other posts on why do we blog and her lessons learned.
- Loved Kristen Lamb’s post on how to increase our likability quotient on social media.
- Trish Loye Elliott talks about dealing with non-writers who don’t understand why you blog at Wordbitches. I think most of us can relate