Time for Sunday’s ROW80 progress update.
And let’s just say, I put play before words on the page this weekend. Hubby and I saw Jerry Seinfeld on Friday night (who was ahhhmazing…just saying!) and then we heard the camp road was plowed so we loaded snowmobiles and jet-setted to no-Internet land where we played the weekend away. I have limited experience on a sled and hubby was convinced with some training and a sled of my own, I’d love the outdoor sport and wow, was he right! I LOVED IT!!
What that meant for my writing weekend, nada on the numbers. It’s alright though because….well…my story lost a bit of its luster and I wasn’t sure why. So, while cruising around on the snow and enjoying the sun, I realized where the problem was; my main character. Ugh. She’s all wrong!!! I was trying too hard to make her NOT like another character I read in a book (talk about paranoid plagiarism) but now she’s nothing like I wanted.
Fab! Some time away gave me just the perspective I needed and I am ready for a character do-over this week!
- Complete outline of WIP
- Write 1750 words a week, on average 250 words a day (can be on WIP or other writings like flash fiction, character development, world building etc)
225 words total for this week (I know….)
- Finish James Scott Bell book (nearly done but stalled because bright, new shiny books arrived)
- Read 2 other writing craft books
1/2 way through Will Write for Shoes: How to Write a ChickLit Novel
Social Media Goals:
- Blog – post 4 times a week
4 posts – total word count: 2341
- Blog – post ROW80 progress reports twice a week (Sunday and Wednesday)
- Tweet/Comment on at least 10 blogs a week
- Comment on 1 new blog per week (ROW80 or otherwise)
Healthy Lifestyle Goals:
- Cardio – 3 times a week (Monday, Wednesday, Saturday)
- BowFlex – 3 times a week (Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday)
2 this week (and I worked my butt off at the camp – hubby can confirm!)
- Maintain a daily food/migraine journal
- Rocked the writing realization.
- Got a ton of reading in on my craft books.
- Rocked the social media.
- Given how sore I am tonight, I rocked my fitness fun.
Where to improve:
- Gotta get the words on the page even on weeks when it’s sucky.
How are you making out with your ROW80 goals?