I am excited to take part in my second ROW80 challenge (the writing challenge that knows people have a life) and to start 2012 out on what I think is the right foot to achieve my goals. I learned a ton in my first ROW80 experience and I am pumped to put those lessons to good use.
The challenge sums up my New Year’s resolutions, which are to write a novel and live a healthier lifestyle. I think breaking my year-long goals into smaller, more manageable chunks of 80 days will help motivate me to stay on point and keep me accountable. I am pumped so let us wait no longer.
Here are my goals for this Round 1 of ROW80 2012.
- Complete outline of WIP
- Write 1750 words a week, on average 250 words a day (can be on WIP or other writings like flash fiction, character development, world building etc)
- Finish James Scott Bell book
- Read 2 other writing craft books
- Blog – 4 times a week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday)
- Blog – 2 ROW80 progress updates a week (Sunday and Wednesday)
- Tweet/Comment on at least 10 blogs a week
- Comment on 1 new blog per week (ROW80 or otherwise)
- Cardio – 3 times a week (Monday, Wednesday, Saturday)
- BowFlex – 3 times a week (Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday)
- Maintain a daily food/migraine journal
So how’s it gonna work?
- I have created a ROW80 page (check it out). This is where I declare my writing goals publically (and update if required). I’ve updated the page with this round’s goals and you can see my previous rounds’ goals.
- I will post my ROW80 progress reports every Wednesday (don’t worry, Urban Word Wednesday is not going anywhere) and Sunday for the next 80 days!
- I’ll link all my ROW80 updates on the calendars on the ROW80 page so you’ll always be able to find everything in one place.
- I’ve created a ROW80 category so you’ll be able to search out my ROW80 posts easily.
And in case this post has inspired you to join in on the ROW80 FUN, here are some basic deets:
- There are 4 rounds a year, each running 80 days. Round 1 runs from January 2 to March 22, 2012.
- Goal can be anything you like as long as it is measurable (e.g. number of words/pages, specified amount of time to spend on writing per day/week, number of pages edited etc).
- Once you have settled on a goal, you write it up on your blog (voila, right here) and link to it on the Goals Linky for the Round, which will be posted on the ROW80 Blog.
- If your goal changes before the end of the 80 days, simply write up a new goals post and link to it on the latest check-in day.
- We have check-ins twice a week on Wednesday and Sundays where you will update us the same way (e.g. write up a blog post of your progress and link to it on that day’s linky).
- On Twitter we use a hashtag of #ROW80 if you wanna come hang out.
- And if you happen to find us after a round has begun, just write up your goals post and hop on in whenever. We’re a friendly bunch.
- Be sure to grab the ROW80 badge from the sidebar on the ROW80 Blog.
Here we go…let the games begin!
Are you taking part in this Round 1 of ROW80? What kind of writing and/or life goals have you set for yourself for 2012?