It’s Thursday and that means it’s time to share the blog luv.
Social Media Out Loud:
- You’ve seen it around WordPress: Press This. I know…what the heck is it? Well our furry friend, Woodie (on behalf of Carrie Spencer) brings us the deets. Thanks Woodie…phew!
Write Out Loud:
- Jane Friedman brings us to bang up posts. Her best advice for writers from 2011 AND her list of must-read articles from 2011. Amazing. I know I’ll be clicking through every link over the holidays!
- I loved this post by Jody Hedlund on how to drive yourself crazy as a writer. Phew…helped me take the pressure off! And then there is her post on 3 pieces of advice she wishes she would have known earlier. For a writer just starting out, I am learning from her lessons!
- Do you think you have the right to call yourself “writer”? What about “author”? What do those two terms mean to you? Amber West did a fantastic post looking at what each means to her.
- Suzanne Johnson did a fab guest post at Roni Loren’s digs on the value of a story bible. Sounds like a very important tool to consider!
- I loved Kristen Lamb’s post on how being an “aspiring” writer is for pansies! So true!
- Did y’all see Jenny Hansen’s post on becoming a formatting a genius? She’ll take all the fear out of working with Word and will teach you step-by-step how to make a manuscript template. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!?!?! We love you Jenny!
Life Out Loud:
- Last week I wrote about living our passion. This week I read an amazing post by Liza Kane on the art of letting go, which was super timely for me. It’s about letting go of the sometimes automatic overachiever in each of us so we keep the real priorities in sight.
- So…I’m always worried after cleaning my bathtub how much residue is left behind that I end up soaking in!?!?!? Ever thought of cleaning your bathroom with a grapefruit and some salt??! I know…me either! Well, Myndi Shafter tested this little ditty out and says it works like a charm!! I can’t wait to give it a go!
- This time of year, a lot of people lean towards the idea of giving puppies as pets. And who wouldn’t want to pass along that ADORABLE little face?! But is it the best idea?!?! Our resident pet expert, Amy Shojai, gives us some amazing tips and resources on puppy gift giving you must check out IF this is something you are considering.
- Fears. They can wreak havoc in your life sometimes totally unbeknownst to you! Barbara McDowell wrote a fantastic post with some uberlicious resources on how to run toward your fears!
- Have you heard of the Layaway Angels? I cried when I read this post by Diana Murdock and then the subsequent news piece. Wow. I had no idea and how cool is that?!
- Christmas. A wonderful time of year for most people. But for some, it’s an extremely painful time of year dealing with grief and loss (my family still struggles with the pain of our third Christmas without Mamma K). Debra Kristi knows about that pain too well herself and she offers some most amazing suggestions on how to deal with grief through the holiday season. Thanks Debra – loved the candle burning idea!
- Did you visit August McLaughlin’s blog and check out her ORIGINAL Holiday Tune (her gift to each of you). Ahhhmazing and beautiful!!! Thank you August!
Laugh Out Loud:
- I nearly died reading Leanne Shirtliffe’s naughty letter to santa…OMG!
- Piper Bayard and Holmes did another hilarious rendition of holiday survival advice that had me snorting coffee!
- Are you at a loss at what to get that hard-to-by-for person on your list? Well then I have a real treat for you. Ellie Ann Soderstrom did a holiday gift buying guide for JUST that person…it’ll be just perfect! I nearly peed myself!
- I don’t have children but I still got a huge kick out of Paige Kellerman’s post on how to have a cup of coffee after children. Thought all you parents out there might enjoy it!
I hope you enjoyed this week’s line-up of fantabulous blog posts. Stay tuned for next week’s. I promise to go and spend oodles of time (time away from friends and family I’ll have you know…) to bring you this do-or-die information…My god…you guys must really love me!!
Got any ditties of your own to share? Let me know and maybe they’ll be featured as part of next week’s line-up…