It’s Thursday and that means it’s time to share the blog luv.
Social Media Out Loud:
- Another bang up post on making the most of the wonderful world of twitter by Kristen Lamb.
- The big question is always how to manage your writing priorities and social media? How much time should you invest in social media? Well, Jody Hedlund offers us her perspective on how to determine your social media quota.
Write Out Loud:
- A really poignant post of discovering yourself in your writing by the Hack Novelist. I loved it and I think it summed up quite wonderfully why we take our writing so personally!
- Jami Gold did a great guest post over at Girls with Pens on how to make the most out of a scene. Whether you are a plotter or a pantser, this post will have appeal. I printed it off as another resource (my file folder is getting huge…)
- Jenny Hansen serves up some writing gold with her post on how to use track changes in Word (she includes screen shots and everything…such a techie!). In my professional capacity, I’ve become quite a track changes pro and we’d be lost without it. I absolutely agree with Jenny on this one, a huge tool for writers.
- I thought Jody Hedlund’s post on handling contradictory feedback was spot on! What…you mean not everyone’s gonna love my book? She provided fantastic examples to illustrate her point and when I read them, and put myself in her shoes, I could only imagine the sense of contradiction you’d be left with as a writer. Her advice was amazing!
- Kristen Lamb gave us another FAB post on amping up our stories by working hand-in-hand with our antagonist. I loved how she gave concrete examples of different types of antagonist. It really helped me sink my teeth into the concept.
Life Out Loud:
- When I read Kait Nolan’s post on why it’s necessary to dare to fail so that we dare to live, I was inspired and touched. It’s so true. If we live too cautiously, afraid to take a chance, we’ll never really experience Life Out Loud and our true potential.
- Do you know a child with special needs? What have you taught your children about how to treat others with special needs? I read a touching post by Stacy Green on how she helped her daughter see and engage with special needs children in a loving and open way. It brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful!
- And, with that, have you HEARD of Toronto’s Famous People Players?!?! OMG, you have to go check out Patricia Sands’ blog where she does a feature on this fantastic theatre troop that’s been entertaining audiences for over 20 years. Watch the video – totally uber!
- Shopping for Christmas and no idea what to get your man? Well friends, Marcia Richards has combed the Web and found YOU some delightful little Xmas gift ideas that are SURE to put a smile on his face. PantyGrams, need I say more?!?!?!
Laugh Out Loud:
- Piper Bayard and Holmes will have you rolling over in a huge giggle fest when you read their holiday survival post. Some damn fine advice guys!
- I wasn’t sure whether to put Lani Wendt Young’s post under writing or laughing. It’s a cute and funny post about why writers hate Christmas. Cracked me up but you know, I could totally see it! While you are there, for God’s sakes check out her left hand bar and click to watch her book trailer for Telesa: The Covenant Keeper. It’s ahhhhmazing! I LOVED IT! You can also watch it on YouTube here. Wowzers!
- And for my grand finale of laughter, did you SEE Jenny Hansen’s post on coffee-snorting holiday videos. OMG it’s HYSTERICAL!!! And…practical too because we finally get an answer on how to distinguish togs from underwear…thanks for that Jenny!
- If by chance THAT wasn’t enough (by god you should all be on the floor after those videos…if you aren’t, check your pulse), check out Tameri Etherton’s blog for a delightful little dish of LMFAO’s video Sexy and I Know It! Now those boys know how to work the tog! I wonder if they’d teach hubby?!?!
I hope you enjoyed this week’s line-up of fantabulous blog posts. Stay tuned for next week’s. I promise to go and spend oodles of time (time away from friends and family I’ll have you know…) to bring you this do-or-die information…My god…you guys must really love me!!
Got any ditties of your own to share? Let me know and maybe they’ll be featured as part of next week’s line-up…