It’s Thursday and that means it’s time to share the blog luv.
Blog/Tweet Out Loud:
- I read a great post on what “not” to do on your blog by Kristi at The Story Siren. Definitely some things to take note of when fine tuning your blog. In a sense, it gives you some very important MUST dos!
- Ever wonder how to make better use of the wonderful world of #hashtags in Twitter? Kristen Lamb did a great post where she spells it out – the dos, the don’ts and everything in between!
Write Out Loud:
- Since I am planning to embark on writing women’s fiction, I got a ton out of Roni Loren’s guest post by Sierra Godfrey on creating the all important dark moment. The post was super helpful on making sense of structure elements I’ve been reading about.
- Jami Gold offered a fantastic gem on what makes a story feel realistic that’s a definite must read.
- You HAVE to go read Shéa MacLeod’s guest post, the Phoenix and the Darkness, by Lizzy Ford. Lizzy is another of the amazing Indie Chicks: 25 Women 25 Personal Stories and her post is powerful and left me a smidge speechless. I was enthralled with Lizzy’s story and her writing. You will be too.
- Jennifer Eaton had a very serious scare for any writer. Go read her post and then go back up your stuff!
- Kristen Lamb puts together another winner with her post on the importance of the antagonists. I hadn’t ever thought about it that way but it MAKES sense! I am just starting out and I am going to follow this little ditty to the letter. Besides, I think it’s one character profile I’ll have a blast doing.
- Jody Hedlund did a great guest post on Writers in the Storm about 4 steps she uses for organizing plot ideas into a novel. I loved the post. It was practical advice that I think will totally work for me. Add a little of Kristen Lamb’s advice and any writer would be well on their way – I know I hoped to be!
- I thoroughly enjoyed Kathy Owen’s post this week on how writing is like putting up your Christmas tree. I loved the parallel she made and how she tied it all together! Great analogy!
Life Out Loud:
- I just ADORED Piper Bayard’s post on spreading the moxie. Essentially, you need to know what you want in life and then not be afraid to ask for it and go after it! Sometimes, it just works out! Her post inspired me to go after what I want – no excuses!
- I loved Nancy J. Nicholson’s post on recognizing that sometimes the shortest distance between two points isn’t always a straight line. Sometimes taking a break, walking away, and letting the frustration slip away will only help your creativity blossom.
- Did you SEE Marcia Richards NEW blog DESIGN!?!? Like O.M.G.! It’s totally up my alley and I love it! She also did a wonderful post on the history and meaning behind advent calendars. I had no idea. I love how she made her own that created ahhhmazing and meaningful family memories!
- Friendships are sooo important. And if you are traveling around the world, making new galpals can be a great way to experience the real culture of the area. Patricia Sands made friendships that will last a lifetime half way around the world and got a real taste of France.
Laugh Out Loud:
- TELL me…ASSURE me that you all read Jenny Hansen’s post on how her secret coffee concoction led to her friend Clair being…well…propositioned!!!! By a married man no less. He drank the coffee and lost his mind! RIOT! And the hubby and Jenny had a portmanteau-off in the comment section with Jenny pulling out the win (in my humble opinion…lol).
- Have you seen what The Bloggess has been up to lately? She scored an enormous, wearable taxidermied wolf and then…she wore it to the opening of Twilight with a friend who dressed up like the Volturi – OMG the photos are hysterical! Seriously funny!
I hope you enjoyed this week’s line-up of fantabulous blog posts. Stay tuned for next week’s. I promise to go and spend oodles of time (time away from friends and family I’ll have you know…) to bring you this do-or-die information…My god…you guys must really love me!!
Got any ditties of your own to share? Let me know and maybe they’ll be featured as part of next week’s line-up…