It’s Thursday and that means it’s time to share the blog luv.
Happy Thanksgiving to all my US peeps. I hope y’all have a wonderful day with family, friends, and lots of love and good food. Here’s to continued health and prosperity to all! Being Canadian, we celebrated ours in October.
Blog Out Loud:
- If you haven’t been over to visit Annette Gendler’s blog to see her new design, go check it out today. The digs are beautiful. She’s got a gorgeous, bright, happy header; a quote that sort of sums her up; and a fabulous layout and white background. It’s all changes she learned and implemented from Kristen Lamb’s blogging to build brand course. Great job Annette – I love it!
- Have you thought about doing vlogs on your blog? I just watched/read this post by Darren Rowse from ProBlogger on the benefits of posting videos on your blog and I gotta tell you, I am kind of sold. I am really looking forward to his upcoming vlogs on the “how tos”. I know Amy Shojai uses a lot of vlogs at the end of a number of her posts that I find really effective. Another of my favorite bloggers, Lindsay of Designer Wife, does vlogs and I’ve always enjoyed them. In both instances, they make the blogger seem more real and personal. Maybe I’ll do a little intro video on mine? Hmmmm…you?
Write Out Loud:
- Loved this week’s post by Roni Loren on 3 things you can do now to prepare for published authorhood. I like it because I totally believe on what you focus on, grows. So, if you are focusing on what life will be like when you are a published author, then that is what will come. It was also practical advice. My fav tidbits; find balance and let go of guilt.
- Patricia Sands gave a shout out to the recent, amazing success of self-published author Torre DeRoche. I went and read the whole story on Torre’s blog and it’s an inspiration. Essentially she self-published her book on her blog September 7 and by November 11 she landed an agent, four major publishing deals, and a movie deal. Shut up! She’s a walking success story for the power of social media!
- Kristen Lamb has been giving us a steady stream of tutorials on structure (thank you Kristen) and this week she delved into the mastery of scenes. As she points out, it’s easy to get lost when dealing with a structure as complex as a novel so she gave us a nifty tool to keep everything straight.
- Join me in sending a huge congratulations to Angela Wallace on the release of her self-published book Elemental Magic. I love the cover and the book description – sounds like a FAB read. Go check it out!
Life Out Loud:
- Elena Aitken did a fantastic post on the importance of finding your inner athlete. What I loved most is that she helped me realize that I don’t have to be a pro on the court or the next swimming champion to be an athlete. My inner athlete is any size, shape and weight. She’s just a fitter, more active me.
- Have you been to Nice, France? I haven’t. But when I visited Naomi Bulger’s blog, I took a most spectacular trip through her outstanding photography. Go get swept away!
- For all you single gals, Jenny Hansen wrote a fantastic post on how she put a dating disaster record behind her with the help of a dating committee and landed herself a prince. You can to! Also, be sure to check out Jenny’s post on why she’s thankful for the military (there’s a book give away involved).
- Jillian Dodd never ceases to impress me with her Philanthropy Thursday line-up where she encourages us all to be more philanthropic in our lives. And she reminds us that philanthropy doesn’t have to be donating to charity, it can be anything from helping a neighbor, lending an ear, or giving a thoughtful word. And Jillian puts her money where her mouth is. She donates 20% of the proceeds from the sale of her book, That Boy. In October, she donated $780 dollars to the Make-A-Wish Foundation and the University of Nebraska Foundation. That Boy donations total $2010. Isn’t that amazing!
- With the holiday stress on the way, we need all the help we can get to stay positive and upbeat. Angela Orlowski-Peart put together 11 simple, and practical, tips on staying positive that I know I’ll put to good use!
Laugh Out Loud:
- I am sure you are all regular visitors to Noa Gavin’s blog but if not, you have to go check out these two posts. I nearly died watching the video her and a couple of friends made on brainstorming for shows for TLC – RIOT! Then she did another hilarious post on rules for DisneyWorld. Seriously? I nearly died! Just the laugh I needed this week.
- Paige Kellerman was in true form when she wrote her letter to Kim Kardashian with some wonderful marital advice. I nearly peed myself.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s line-up of fantabulous blog posts. Stay tuned for next week’s. I promise to go and spend oodles of time (time away from friends and family I’ll have you know…) to bring you this do-or-die information…My god…you guys must really love me!!
Got any ditties of your own to share? Let me know and maybe they’ll be featured as part of next week’s line-up…