I am blushing and gushing (again…)! Two of my blogging sistas, whom I admire and respect deeply, recently honored me with blogging awards.
First, the ever funny and beautiful Jenny Hansen honored yours truly with…a STYLISH BLOGGER AWARD!
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!
I near fell off my chair.
I am honored beyond measure. I am thrilled to pieces!!! Thank you Jenny! Honestly, when I read her post and saw my name listed there with words like “always makes me laugh” and “got some seriously cool style,” tears came to my eyes. I was moved. I was filled with a profound sense of awe..
Then, much to my surprise and delight, the gorgeous and talented Angela Orlowki-Peart honored me with an I Love Blogging Award. What?!?!? Well I can’t argue with that, I do love blogging! Thank you so much Angela.
Being honored by fellow bloggers with these awards means a lot to me. When I started out blogging over a year ago, I kind of floundered like a fish out of water. It wasn’t pretty. There was wild flapping and water everywhere. Seriously. Nasty! I was trying but nothing felt quite right.
Then I discovered Kristen Lamb and her blogging course and everything changed. Not only did I find a community of bloggers that make this blogosphere feel like one giant family, I feel like I’ve finally found my blog voice; one that is authentic, genuine and that I love. I am having the time of my life writing these posts. Blogging has become energizing, fun, and exciting. Hubby says I am not only having an affair with my Kindle but with my blog as well. Opps.
Loving blogging and having fun is great and wonderful but as Jenny wrote about in her post on writers needing external validation, I still wondered if y’all enjoyed it? Ya know? I know we should all be filled to the brim with inner confidence and that as long as I am enjoying blogging and am taping into the joy of my writing passion, that “should” be enough but…I can’t help it…I do love a little external validation!
So these two awards, along with the two others I’ve been honored with recently (check out my right-hand menu…), are that little bit of external validation that says “they like me….they really like me…” and I gotta be honest, it feels UBERLICIOUSLY fahhbulous! It makes my heart sing and my confidence soar. So…all that lengthy stuff to say a heartfelt thank you. I feel truly blessed!
In keeping with both blog award rules to:
- pay homage to the blogger who gave you the award;
- list 7 random facts about yourself; and
- pay the blog luv forward.
I found Jenny Hansen’s blog after writers’ social media maven, Kristen Lamb, listed her as a best practice example on her blog. And voila, my Jenny Addiction began. Her blog is chalked full of valuable writing information (writers read differently than non-writers and building a writing team opened my eyes to new aspects of the writing world), hilarious posts (my favs HAVE to be dirty minds (I mean signs), gang banging chickens and the Christian panties posts), and you can’t miss her posts on high-risk pregnancy. All in all, I think she’s an uberlicious blogger whom I admire, respect, and adore. Not to mention, the girl throws a kick-ass Twitter Parrrrttttyyy!! My god…we are all still recovering!
Angela and I met when we both took Kristen Lamb’s course and we’ve been blogging sistas ever since. She is a YA paranormal and urban fiction writer so it’s no surprise that I love her blog. She posts a weekly mash-up of things that inspire her and they will inspire you to. And super cool, her flash fiction posts involves her readers! Her blog always leaves me feeling warm and fuzzy. It’s like curling up with a feel-good book.
Jenny and Angela; piles of air cheek kisses to you my friends!
Now, for 7 random facts about me (and you can always refer back to my other posts on 10 random facts and 7 random facts if interested) but given how lengthy this post is getting, I’ll keep this short and sweet.
- I have a dark brown birthmark on my knee that I used to be so embarrassed by that I hated wearing shorts. Now I don’t even notice it.
- I am a chicken shit. When at the camp, if it’s dark outside, I make hubby come outside with me to go to the outhouse (yes…there is no plumbing at the camp…it’s a camp, not a cottage). Even if it’s 4 am. To his credit, he never even grumbles about it.
- Keeping in line with chicken shit confessions, I used to love scary movies but I can’t handle them now.
- I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect lipstick (shade and texture) for years. I’ve spent oodles of cash on lipsticks I wear once and then toss. I am still on the hunt…I wonder if it’ll ever happen?!?! (Note to hubby: it’s really not that much cash…I just said that for dramatic tension in my post. Kisses!)
- As a child, I dreamt of becoming an Olympic champion in gymnastics. Sadly, gymnastics was not a talent of mine and I struggled through many humiliating practices and competitions before finally giving up.
- I have a phobia of the drains at the bottom of pools (more chicken shit confessions). Especially the vents in large commercial swimming pools but even small, above ground home pools can creep me out. I think it comes from a traumatic swimming lesson that involved being shoved into the deep-end.
- I love fortune tellers and soul readers. I like to go at least once a year!
Now it’s time to share the love!
And….the Stylish Blogger Award goes to…
- My fellow pink, glitter girl Jillian Dodd! Her blog has oodles of style and glitz. When I first started looking to update my design, her’s was a huge inspiration. What I love is that her style goes beyond the surface with content that is uberlicious. I mean, DID YOU SEE her post on her daughter’s room make-over?!?! Then…her MANday Monday’s….Seriously, need I say more?!?! Jillian’s got style in spades!
- The ever uberfabulous Tameri Etherton. Hello…her blog header HAS a TIARA in it. Need I say more?!?! That just SCREAMS stylish! If you read my pageant post, you’ll know why I think so. Coupled with a gorgeous smiling pictures of herself and some uber content like her post on battling weight loss and her weekly trashy TV recaps that I live for, Tameri’s got tons of swag and style!
- And last but not least, the ever hilarious and witty Twana Fenske. Her blog is another one that I gleaned inspiration towards my own design. I love the pink flash, the fahhhbulous header (hello?!?! She mentions WINE in the header) and her content often leaves me in hysterics. She’s full of charm and sass with her post on inappropriate public behavior (again) and her hilarious and touching post on making time for the important things in life.
And….the I Love Blogging Award goes to…
- Amber West obviously loves blogging. She’s on vacation right now and STILL blogging. If that ain’t love, I don’t know what is. Like Angela, Amber writes a beautiful Friday Inspiration post. She started the #gowithout campaign encouraging everyone in the blogging community to go without a little something to give back a little something….it totally knocked MY SOCKS off! Genius! And her Why It’s Worth a Watch Wednesday posts have introduced me to tons of new shows to check out and be amazed by.
- Amy Shojai loves blogging as well. Not only does she bring us the latest and greatest in pet information but Amy shares a wealth of knowledge about writing. Have I mentioned that in her pet posts she usually includes an Ask Amy VIDEO – thassss right – she’s ahhmazing! On Monday, we get a mash-up of great resources on pets, writing, social media etc; Tuesday it’s all about tips and tricks; Wednesday she talks everything dogs; and Friday she talks all things cats. Did I mention that she featured MY BABY in one of her posts? Oh yes, we like Amy!
- Piper Bayard and her blogging pal Holmes definitely love blogging. They are constantly keeping me in giggles with their posts on invisible art and invisible porn and Piper’s quest to become President of the United States.
- I would also like to honor Jenny Hansen and Angela Orlowski-Peart with an I Love Blogging Award because as you saw from above, these two uberlicious ladies obviously love blogging!
Ok – seriously, I could go on and on with tons of blogs to honor but this post is getting out of this world long (I’d be surprised if many of you are even still hanging in there…phew) so I’ll just close with that!
So there you have it! Congrats to everyone!
Thank you again Jenny and Angela for the amazing honors!
How have you been honored recently? Do you value external validation? Any ~clinking~ opportunities?