It’s Thursday and that means it’s time to share the blog luv.
Blog Out Loud:
- Social Media Savvy Pets offers us 8 tips for writing the perfect blog post. Who couldn’t use that? Love how they suggest keeping posts to 400-800 words. I think my “typically” fall into that range but I know I can get a wee bit wordy. Gonna have to try to keep things a bit tighter so I don’t lose y’all to yawns and click mania.
- Here’s a little technical ditty that might help you take your WordPress (or Blogger) blog from bland to BAM. Carrie Spencer’s Woodie Knows WordPress editions are step-by-step, easy-to-understand technical tips and tricks. Check out her tutorial on basic HTML for some helpful hints!!
- I am sure we can all relate to Trish Loye Elliott’s struggles with the art of blogging. She’s gearing up to take the blog plunge but has reservations – go give her some encouragement!
Write Out Loud:
- Loved that Jenny Hansen brought us all 5 bits of wisdom from New York Times Bestselling author, Susan Mallery. Jenny had the opportunity to hear her speak recently and graciously shared the wealth with some fabulous motivational tips for writers. It came not a minute too soon as a lot of us embark on ROW80 – Round 4. I loved it!
- I know…I know…you likely have all seen it (and are tired of hearing about my hero worshiping of Kristen Lamb) but I can’t help it if the woman writes such damn fine posts with loads of uberlicious material for writers that I feel compelled to share JUST IN CASE you missed it. I could link to…well…just about every blog post she writes but one in particular stood out to me recently. Susan Bischoff swung by Kristen’s blog to give her unique perspective and experience about learning to blog on topics that will increase book readership. If you didn’t get a chance to check it out, do it! It’s a light bulb moment post!
Laugh Out Loud:
Just recently it occurred to me that…well…maybe we don’t allll share the same sense of humour?!?! GASP!!! So…if you don’t find any of these funny…well…my apologies! You’re on your own! I can’t save you.
- Ok, when I saw Piper Bayard’s post on one upping invisible art with invisible porn, I had to go check it out. You guys often write me “where do you come up with this stuff???” well go visit Piper’s blog post. I nearly died. Where does she come up with this stuff? Brilliant!
- Whenever I need a dose of funny, I know I can always count on The Bloggess to deliver in spades and last week was no different. I just about died reading her post on bulletin board sign drama in her neighborhood. Be sure to read the first post, she links to it but you can also find it here, so you have the background. OMG – I think tears streamed down my face! RIOT!
- Like The Bloggess, anytime I am looking for a sure-fire funny treat, I just swing over to Catalog Living and I am giggling away in no time. Check out Pardon my French. I laughed out loud. In my office. While alone.
- Lani Wendt Young wrote an uberlicious blog post about how she used to be a luxury lingerie lover until she had children. Sooo good and I am sure a lot of us can relate! LOL!
Life Out Loud:
- I know it got around Twitter quite heavily so a lot of you may have already seen this but just in case, I had to highlight it. Justine Musk wrote an uberlicious post on the so-called rules for the badass creative woman and I LOVED it! Definitely go check it out!
- Then I discovered Claire Legrand’s post on getting outside your comfort zone, also a must read. I loved it because it reminded me that in taking risks and stepping beyond our usual zone, we stretch, grow, and expand which is all good!
- And last but certainly not least, JUST this morning, I discovered Liza Kane’s uber guest post at Courage 2 Create. I absolutely loved her writer’s guide to a healthy and happy marriage (…shoulda called it the everyone’s guide…) because when people ask me and hubby “what our secret is,” her key points are the ones we refer to: individual happiness, shared values, and mutual respect (all in ACTIONS not in words only)! Sadly, I am always sooo surprised how many still don’t get it. I have an overload of friends still out there searching for “inner happiness” in the arms of a partner never realizing, it’s actually the mirror they need to connect with. So well said Liza!
I hope you enjoyed this week’s line-up of fantabulous blog posts. Stay tuned for next week’s. I promise to go and spend oodles of time (time away from friends and family I’ll have you know…) to bring you this do-or-die information…My god…you guys must really love me!!
Got any ditties of your own to share? Let me know and maybe they’ll be featured as part of next week’s line-up…