I move my desk so that now as I sit and type, I can look out the window and see the trees, the driveway and the gorgeous, crisp, fresh snow. And I can watch the sunset.
I moved my bookshelf so that it no longer partly covers the window. It is to my back making it easy to grab references or resources while I am working.
I hung pictures and painting and made the wall alongside the window my serenity wall – so when I turn right and casually peer out the window, I also see a small wall with my pale blue Relax, Imagine, Dream paintings etc. They complement the paint color perfectly. This wall simply makes me feel wonderful and at peace.
I also went through every drawer and piece of paper and got some insane filing done. Phew – what a job but it’s nice not to look at it any more.
What’s left (the gravy – nice to haves):
- I’d love to move the dog food storage out of my closet and have Scott install some shelving so I can store more stuff in the closet.
- I want a larger table for the serenity wall so I can have pictures, candles etc. I would also like a nice plant stand so I can have more than one plant enjoying the sunlight in the afternoons.
- I definitely want a new chair – I slide out of this one constantly. Very annoying when you are trying to get into a writing groove.
- A new keyboard set-up would be nice. For some reason, my wrists hurt when I use this one. Maybe I just need a wrist gel pad for the keyboard and the mouse.
- Perhaps another book shelf and an area rug!?!
Either way, as it is, it’s a huge improvement. I finally like the room and I want to come in here and work, create, write, explore. It feels like home. It’s comfortable and serene. Check out some shots:
What kinds of writing/creating places have you created?