I am not sure how the whole thing got started but there’s a little game flying around the blogosphere where peeps get assigned a letter and share their top 10 things that start with said letter. I first came across Myndi Shafer’s love affair with the letter B and then…Kathy Owen’s follow-up frenzy with the letter R.
Well…not wanting to be left out of anything, I begged Kathy to assign me a letter and let me play along.
She gave me…the letter J! Squeee!
I am so excited because the letter J is uber sexy (I mean…look at those curves….) not to mention, there are a ton of fabulous things that I love that start with the letter J. Today, I shall share with you my top 10. Buckle up!
1. Java: Girl gots to have her java! I am not the ultimate java drinker like my blog BFF Jenny Hansen (who is a fabulous J herself…she actually dreams of bathing in java). But I do like my one cup a day in the morning. It’s like I can’t really get started till I’ve sipped away a hot steaming cup of java. Yum.
2. Jacked Up: I love TLC’s Say Yes to the Dress and when they launched the Atlanta version with Lori and Monty and their beautiful southern accent…well I just about died and went to heaven. A PVR staple in my house, these two also coined the term “Jacked Up” which is all about bedazzling their brides…LOVE IT! I like to get jacked up all the time!
3. Jewellery: well duh?!?! Of course jewels are in the top 10! The bigger, brighter, fanciers, and flashier…the better!
4. Jackpot: what I hope to win someday but also one of mine and hubby’s fav slang sayings we use to indicate we found something that’s either A) fabulous or B) has been lost and is now found.
Me: Hey hubby…get in here…and bring the olive oil.
5. Just sayin’: another favorite slang saying that I am wearing out. It’s my cover when I know I am being too blunt with someone.
Me: You totally need some extensive therapy to deal with your daddy issues…just sayin’!”
Goes well with a triple z snap and some head bobbing.
6. Jiffy Pop: Hubby and I have a little story about Jiffy Pop. Y’all know we love camping. With no microwave, Jiffy Pop is a fantastic popcorn treat to cook up over an open fire. But…one needs to shake the Jiffy Pop over the heat so the kernels don’t burn.
No problem. Most campground fire pits have a grill top so you can cook on them. Or set Jiffy Pop on them and use a stick to shake it.
One night camping, hubby and I got a little tipsy around the fire (shocking…I know…). And of course, we got the munchies. So…we decided to whip up some Buttery Jiffy Pop. The only problem, the fire pit didn’t have a grill top…and we didn’t have anything to put the Jiffy Pop on.
Not to fear, hubby (the ingenious little bugger that he is) rewired the Jiffy Pop’s handle around a long stick so we could hold it over the open fire and “shake” as required. With the butter sizzling and the kernels just starting to pop, we awaited snack heaven with bated breath. However…in our excitement, we accidentally pierced a hole in the container. DANG! Before we knew it, all that delicious popcorn and butter poured into the fire…
But that wasn’t the worst part.
Seconds after…FLAMING popcorn started FIRING out of the fire.
We literally had to dive to take cover.
Jiffy Pop has been a fav in our house ever since. You can’t buy that kind of entertainment!
7. Je t’aime: I love you in French. I love you in any language rocks!
8. Jell-o Shooters: a party staple! My fav…strawberry with coconut rum. Yum! Looking for some recipes to try? Check out some ideas here.
And last but not least…cause y’all know I love to laugh…is:
10. Jeff Dunham: one of my most favorite comedians EVER! He is a ventriloquist with characters he’s made himself that totally come to life on stage. You forget they are dolls…it’s amazing. Hubby and I saw him last year and near fell off our chairs laughing. If you ever get the opportunity to see him, GO! He’s probably most known for his character Achmed the Dead Terrorist but I loved them all!
So what are some of your favs that start with the letter “J”? Stories behind the pick? Feel free to play along in the comments…or I can always assign you a letter so you can play on your blog (or pick your own and join in). Ask and you shall receive.
More blog deliciousness here:
- LOVED Julie Glover’s post on why we cuss – totally thought-provoking!
- Lisa Hall-Wilson’s post on raising expectations Pretty Woman style reminded me a lot of my post on how buying clothes for my bigger bode really helped fire up my confidence. Loved it Lisa!
- Absolutely stupendous post by August McLaughlin on loving ourselves…just as we are!