I came across Krista’s story via MADD Canada’s Facebook news feed. I watched the video and was deeply touched and moved by her story. Krista talked briefly about the added impact she felt in losing her boyfriend Jesse to an impaired driver. She had to deal with running into the impaired driver in her everyday life. Imagine having to come face to face with the person that killed your loved one at the grocery store?
In the end, I loved how Krista spoke about not letting Jesse be a statistic and how she’s found solace in getting involved with MADD Canada. I want to say a big thank you to Krista for sharing her story with the world and giving her time to MADD Canada. There is no doubt in my mind that she is saving lives in Jesse’s honor…blessings to her and Jesse’s families!
How would you handle having to run into the impaired driver that killed your loved one at the grocery store? How do you master forgiveness while in the throes of grief? I’d love to hear your thoughts?
On August 1, 2009, my beautiful mother-in-law’s life was cut tragically short by an impaired driver and my stepson’s life changed forever. In honor of Donna and Jordan Kennie, please don’t drink and drive. Impaired driving is 100% preventable. Think about it.
Text MADD to 45678 to donate $5 today. Report impaired drivers – CALL 911.
More blog deliciousness here:
For the month of November and December, I am proud to be taking part in the Holiday Yum Blog Hop where a group of uber bloggers will regale you with recipes and funny cooking stories.
This week’s highlights:
- December 10: Kathy Owen’s Butter Spritz Cookies (OMG I want some…especially those Hershey filled ones)
- December 14: Ellen M. Gregg’s Old-fashioned Buttermilk Sugar Cookies (with Christmas punch)
- November 17: Jenny Hansen’s Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Meal – talk about an extravaganza!
- November 19: Kathy Owen’s Spiced Pecans – OMG I so want to try these.
- November 26: Ellen M. Gregg’s Chocolatiest Chocolate Cake Evah (and lemonade) – how will I EVER follow a diet now?
- November 28: Jenny Hansen’s Almond Roca…I hear it’s to DIE for!
- December 2: Estee Lavitt’s Latke L’Latke L’Hop in the Pan – Holiday Yum Chanukah Baked Latke Recipe!
- December 5: Yours truly with French Lace Cookies
Stay tuned for:
- December 17: I am back with a recipe for Cheesecake that is so simple but even I messed it up once
- December 19: Jenny Hansen’s Holly Candy
- December 23: Jess Witkins will entice us with either some comfort food or appetizer
- December 26: Kathy Owen will come through with beef rib-eye roast with currant jelly brown gravy
- December 28: I will give you some fabulous Mocktail options for your New Year’s Eve parties
Be sure to check out our ever uberlicious host, Kathy Owen’s Holiday Yum page and leave her some blog hop luv!