Welcome to Urban Word Wednesday! New words, phrases, and sayings I am learning (and using in my day-to-day life) brought to you by ME…and the Urban Dictionary. You are gonna love these!
Shit or get off the pot: Hurry up and make a decision. Usually used when someone is being really indecisive or is taking way to long to do something. Commonly refers to a decision where a commitment is involved.
Examples Of Use:
Hubby and I hit Sears this week to try to find him new winter boots and enjoyed some Urban Word fun with the two sales ladies who were helping us. At this point we had 4 pairs of boots surrounding us.
Hubby: I like these ones and they fit but they feel a little tight on the sides of my feet.
Me: do you want to see if they have them in a wide option?
Hubby: I don’t think I have wide feet though….
Me: well…if they feel tight on the sides, it means they aren’t wide enough…maybe the wide version would be more comfortable?
Hubby: yeah but these ones *grabs boots number 2* fit comfortably and aren’t wide.
Me: well you know…different boots fit differently. If those are more comfortable, why not get those?
Hubby: but I like these ones *looking at boots he’s wearing* better for style.
Me: then get those…maybe they’ll stretch….
Hubby: shit…I don’t know…these ones *picks up boots #3* are nice too…what do you think?
Me: I think you need to shit or get off the pot…we are all turning to stone waiting for you to decide…
Hubby: ok honey darlin’…how many times have I gone shopping with you and watched you try on forty-five outfits humming and hawing over which ones to get…you need to sit down and be supportive…it’s my turn wife!
Me: touché my love…you have a point…I’ll shut up. Let’s shop!
Ever had to tell someone to shit or get off the pot? How do you handle indecisive shoppers? Are you an indecisive shopper? Got any fabulous shopping horror stories? Come on…share the wealth…
More blog deliciousness here:
For the month of November and December, I am proud to be taking part in the Holiday Yum Blog Hop where a group of uber bloggers will regale you with recipes and funny cooking stories.
This week’s highlights:
- December 10: Kathy Owen’s Butter Spritz Cookies (OMG I want some…especially those Hershey filled ones)
- December 14: Ellen M. Gregg’s Old-fashioned Buttermilk Sugar Cookies (with Christmas punch)
- November 17: Jenny Hansen’s Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Meal – talk about an extravaganza!
- November 19: Kathy Owen’s Spiced Pecans – OMG I so want to try these.
- November 26: Ellen M. Gregg’s Chocolatiest Chocolate Cake Evah (and lemonade) – how will I EVER follow a diet now?
- November 28: Jenny Hansen’s Almond Roca…I hear it’s to DIE for!
- December 2: Estee Lavitt’s Latke L’Latke L’Hop in the Pan – Holiday Yum Chanukah Baked Latke Recipe!
- December 5: Yours truly with French Lace Cookies
Stay tuned for:
- December 17: I am back with a recipe for Cheesecake that is so simple but even I messed it up once
- December 19: Jenny Hansen’s Holly Candy
- December 23: Jess Witkins will entice us with either some comfort food or appetizer
- December 26: Kathy Owen will come through with beef rib-eye roast with currant jelly brown gravy
- December 28: I will give you some fabulous Mocktail options for your New Year’s Eve parties
Be sure to check out our ever uberlicious host, Kathy Owen’s Holiday Yum page and leave her some blog hop luv!