Yesterday, Jenny and I shared a little Missed Connections fun with y’all and I have to say, you guys leave the BEST comments. Here and over at Jenny’s, I’ve been rolling on the floor laughing my butt off. Love it!
So today, as promised, the truth shall be revealed.
Let’s start with my post.
Which Missed Connection was fake?
- REAL: I missed you…shit 23.53% voted for it being the fake…But it’s real (although the post has been deleted by its author, it was the real deal).
- REAL: The big blue box 11.76% voted for it being the fake…But it’s real. I can’t even begin to imagine what this big blue box is…a new term I am unaware of? Must investigate further!
- FAKE: To the cute guy in lime green tank at gym by 6 am 41.18% voted for it being the fake…You guys are BRILLIANT and totally picked me out. All I did was write about what I want to do to hubby…all the time…growl! Maybe that was the dead give away as Gloria suggested in the comments…dang! I am so transparent.
- REAL: Just can’t get my head around 5.88% voted for it to be fake. But it’s real. Sounds like this lady has had a bit of a rough time. I’d say go with option 1) the guy is a jerk.
- REAL: You stuck my flash drive in your vagina 17.65% voted for it being the fake…but it’s real. I know?!?!?! Who does that and who then WRITES an ad about it?!?! Although this post is from 2010 and no longer featured on Craigslist, it is/was definitely real.
And which one did y’all find funniest?
- You stuck my flash drive in your vagina 76.92% You are sick people…SICK! And I LOVE IT! Totally my fav too!
Now…let’s have some fun with Jenny’s Missed Connections.
Which Missed Connection was fake?
- REAL: I Saw Your Thong 13.04% voted for it being the fake…But it’s real. I give the guy points for his sense of humor. Perhaps if he paid homage to Bathtub Jesus, the God’s would shine on him and answer his Craigslist prayer.
- FAKE: Naked In The Trash 26.09% of you nailed it – total fake! Well, partially. This Missed Connection was inspired by Jenny’s hubby who did see a naked lady change in the trash area outside his work. Although it was not a missed connection experience…more like a 16-year-old boy getting his first show!
- REAL: My Next Happy Meal 43.48% voted for it being the fake…But it’s real. I know…like who posts on the web only being able to last 2 minutes?!?!
- REAL: Strong Legs On Kelly Drive 17.39% voted for it being the fake…But it’s real. I hope he helped the poor girl up after her near miss of duck poo!
And which one did y’all find hilarious?
- I Saw Your Thong 52.38% outstanding choice y’all. I’ve been busting my gut all day about this one.
Be sure to visit Jenny’s Blog on Friday where she’s going to do a compilation of all our Missed Connections fun so you can vote on your ultimate favorite. Then…stay tuned for Monday’s post here where I…with all my esteemed experience and knowledge…will offer some dating advice to the winning Missed Connection. Of course with my own urban redneck flare. Should be…interesting!
And since it’s Twisted Tuesday, I leave you with this Craigslist Missed Connections parody fun:
It’s your turn…why don’t you take a crack at writing your own Missed Connection – fake or real? Or take a few minutes and find a favorite or outrageous one to share with the group…there are so many out there ripe for the picking! Come on…share the wealth…
It’s Twisted Tuesday and that means it’s time to enjoy a smile, giggle or laugh…here’s hoping I’ve provided it in spades…enjoy!
More blog deliciousness here:
- Really enjoyed Marcy Kennedy’s post on 5 basics about dialogue. I got a lot out of it and her examples were very helpful.
- This post by August McLaughlin on looking at your TV tastes to tap into your writing flavor really got me thinking!
- Great plot series by Kara Lennox on Writers In The Storm.