With summer coming up on us like a freight train (and for those of you who enjoy summer nearly all year-long – damn you), hubby and I have started pulling out the usual fun-in-the-sun gear.
We’ve got our beach chairs (I admit, I have a slight addiction), we’ve got our umbrella, and we’ve got a new collapsible cart from Costco to help us tug all our gear to and from the beach. Ok….not “we”…more like hubby will tug it along but I digress.
As you can see, we are pretty well set up!
Except for this TRAGEDY right here! Note the red circles!
Yes…that’s right! While maxin’ and relaxin’ catching some rays, Hubby and I have to physically HANG ONTO our beer? A major intrusion on my mucho relaxo attitude! It requires care and consideration which hampers my potential nap possibilities. I mean, what if I fell asleep or got so relaxed I simply….let go?!?! We are talking possible epic beer blunders people. There’d even likely be…spillage….
GASP! Say it isn’t so Natalie?!?!?!
It’s so people. It’s so!
For those skeptics who are reading all confused saying “why doesn’t she just set the damn thing on the sand?!?!?” Silly people….silly, non-beach people! Although to the less experienced bodacious beach baby, that would sound like an adequate solution allow me to impart some of my hard-earned fun-in-the-sun lessons with you. Setting said koozie on the beach leads to 3 things:
- SAND on my beer koozie. I understand, in and of itself this is not a huge issue except for the fact that now, each time I bring that cold cocktail to my lips, I’ll inadvertently get sand dribble all over myself. This is both uncomfortable and leads to uneven tans. No thank you!!
- Speaking of cold, setting said koozie on the HOT sand means that my brown bottled brewski will be tasting like hot chocolate in no time. Ewwww…
- And finally, by having your beverage sitting in the sand, there is an increased likelihood of knocking the darn thing over. When I pour myself out of that insanely low-to-the-ground beach chair, I stagger around like a drunken sailor that’s been on a bender for a week.
I am sure you all understand now the dilemma I am faced with. That all beach people are faced with. A travesty!
Well no longer! I’ve saved our respective beach butts with….the portable magnetic beverage stake!
I want to BE That lady in the picture! How uberliciously fabulous does that look (although it would be improved if it was available in bedazzled pink…just sayin’!) Ya just drive the little stake into the ground near the chair and use the magnetic insulated koozie and voila, all done.
The magnetic based keeps the koozie secure to the stake so all is kept “cool, raised and in reach” (my kind of motto). You don’t have to worry about knocking it over unless you want to punt it like a football (another viable FUN use – gotta luv multipurpose products!!!!)
You can order this genius gadget for $10.99 (+ shipping) from the website.
How do you keep your beverage cool and clean in the summer? Are you a beach bum or a sand hater? What’s your favorite ways to cool off and beat the summer heat?
It’s Twisted Tuesday and that means it’s time to enjoy a smile, giggle or laugh…here’s hoping I’ve provided it in spades…enjoy!
More blog deliciousness here:
- Elena Aitken is back at color-coded story boarding after her latest novel was released to the world. What’s your process?
- Loved loved loved Tiffany Lawson Inman’s post over at Writers in the Storm on the 13 step starter guide to America’s Next Top…Novel. A huge fan of ANTM, this post rocked!
- Marcia Richards’ post with 10 story setting ideas totally got my imagination churning!