It’s Thursday and that means it’s time to share the blog luv.
Better late than never. Sorry for the delay on today’s post but I’ve been home nursing a migraine. Hope you enjoy the line-up.
Social Media Out Loud:
- Our furry little friend, Woodie and his creator Carrie Spencer, gives us a little WordPress magic knowledge on working with headers, footers, and widgets. Eeekeee…time to personalize that WordPress blog!
Write Out Loud:
- Trish Loye Elliott did a fantastic post on how she lost her writing mojo but then, rediscovered it through reading!
- Donna Newton did a fantastic post on writing with your active vs passive voice. Her examples really helped me see the difference.
- Debra Kristi gets her writing inspiration from music. Then she uses photos to help solidify the ideas in her mind’s eye. She gives us all a beautiful and mystical peak into that world. I was simply blown away by the beauty of it. Definitely inspiring!
- Ellie Ann Soderstrom did a very powerful post on what she learned from The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo. It blew me away. I don’t think I’ll watch the movie (too much for me) but I do think I’ll read the books.
- I absolutely loved Lani Wendt Young’s post on why she won’t ever be a best-selling author. Super cute!
- David Gaughran did a fantastic and extensive post on Amazon’s new KDP Select program and took a look at the bigger picture of subscription models and how authors will collectively define future compensation for their work.
- Jennifer Eaton gave us a great look at why beta-readers are so important. Because no matter how much editing you do, you will always be reading what you think you wrote.
Life Out Loud:
- Lesann Berry did a great post awhile back that inspired me. It had THE greatest motivational image for women. It was about aspiring to be the best we can, and try to do right. As she wisely said “we might not always make it there – but efforts are meaningful.” I agree.
- Marcia Richards did a truly wonderful post on how sometimes abstaining from venting for a period of time and allowing that steam to build, you can harness the power of your frustrations to cause a change in your status quo.
Laugh Out Loud:
- Paige Kellerman kept me in serious stitches with her response to St. Peter on her application for sainthood. OMG!
- Amber West delivers us some absolutely wonderful way to brighten our own day while annoying others. How many of them have you tried? She also did a fantastic post how uncool it is for media outlets to be…mean. For no other reason than to be douche bags and bullies. Not cool at all!
- Noa Gavin has been procrastinating and she produced some absolutely hysterical graphs to depict her time wasters. I love it. I think I need to make a few for myself.
- Piper Bayard and her partner in crime, Holmes, gave us another rendition of holiday survival advice.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s line-up of fantabulous blog posts. Stay tuned for next week’s. I promise to go and spend oodles of time (time away from friends and family I’ll have you know…) to bring you this do-or-die information…My god…you guys must really love me!!
Got any ditties of your own to share? Let me know and maybe they’ll be featured as part of next week’s line-up…