It’s Thursday and that means it’s time to share the blog luv.
Blog Out Loud:
- Ok, so we all get a zillion articles with “how to write great blog posts” over and over again but how many of them are really, truly useful. Susan Bischoff hits the nail on the head with her post on how to use your fiction skills to write more “engaging” blog posts. And isn’t that the key: to engage! What I liked was her suggestions are practical and I could see how I could apply her ideas – give it a try!
- Our resident technical expert, Carrie Spencer, brought WordPress Woodie back for another fantastic article on users and contributors (basically permissions you can give to people who you might want to post on your blog). I had no idea! And today, Woodie delivered a fantastic post on WordPress screen options. Who knew?!?
Write Out Loud:
- Ok, I could just fill this entire headline with articles by Kristen Lamb. She has been just pumping out knock-out must-read articles all week! If you haven’t seen them yet (I can’t imagine) be sure to check out her post on whether successful writers are lucky (actually gives me hope). LOVED this one on how writer’s need to KEEP it simple (phew…I am guilty of always trying to make it too complicated so this was a FAB read for me). And another BANG on article on ways to develop your unique author’s voice (…perfect timing for me…).
- Speaking of finding your author’s voice, Nicole Basaraba did a great article with a really practical and easy way to find your raw voice. I LOVE the idea and am definitely going to give it a try!
- Point of view is something I hear a lot about and I think Jennifer Eaton did a fantastic article on how to find and keep the appropriate POV at all times!
- I have always wanted to be a Jedi Knight. To have the power to lift a lifeless boat out of the wrenches of a deep, ugly swamp using only the power of my mind! Who wouldn’t want to be able to do that?!?!? Well, Kathy Owen wrote a great article on how we can be the Jedi Knight’s of our writing with the power of Yoda-isms!
Laugh Out Loud:
- Ok, I know most of you have likely read Jenny Hansen’s recent addition to the Undie Chronicles since y’all subscribe to her, right? But just in case….just on the OFF chance you haven’t…You have to read this week’s edition: an epilogue….”man-style”! RIOT and be sure to check out the comments cause they are half the fun! Can you guess what hubby is getting for Christmas?!?!?
- Lani Wendt Young is embarrassing her children. I mean, isn’t that what they are for?! LOL! And before that she did a HYSTERICAL post on naked confrontations that kept me in giggles for about an hour. (Note to self: when losing an argument with hubby, use Lani’s “want me to get naked” diversionary tactic!)
Life Out Loud:
- Do you let the negative voices in your head run your life? Elena Aitken did a great post on how they are LIARS (LOVE THAT Elena!) A definite motivational read!
- I cried. My heart swelled. My heart broke a little bit. Tameri Etherton shared with us an incredibly painful story about a miscommunication that’s had a detrimental impact on her relationship with her Mom. Wow – gut wrenching. Go read and give her your support!
- Three strikes and you’re out. Diana Murdock did a fantastic post about how the one time she ignored her inner voice, it came back to bite her with a terrible vacation (being chased by tornadoes no less). Where do you draw your line?
I hope you enjoyed this week’s line-up of fantabulous blog posts. Stay tuned for next week’s. I promise to go and spend oodles of time (time away from friends and family I’ll have you know…) to bring you this do-or-die information…My god…you guys must really love me!!
Got any ditties of your own to share? Let me know and maybe they’ll be featured as part of next week’s line-up…