It’s Thursday and that means it’s time to share the blog luv.
Blog Out Loud:
- Some of you may have notice, I’ve updated my Gravatar photo to a real life photo of myself. I also updated my twitter profile picture to match. I had been pondering the idea for some time and after reading Angela Orlowski-Peart’s post on the importance of your profile picture, I took the plunge. Read it – you will to!
- Kristen Lamb did a great post on what numbers matter and what ones don’t. And then she followed up with this one (where she also features YOURS TRULY in your mash-up of awesomeness…eeekkkkee…thanks Kristen, we are totally BFF). Read them both. It’ll help ease your worries about the number of followers you have and let you know what really does matter.
Write Out Loud:
- Awhile ago, someone mentioned to me in my comments that I had a great voice for chick lit. Until then, I hadn’t really thought about a genre for my WIP. When I started investigating, I got confused over what constituted chick lit and what was women’s fiction. Well this week, Roni Loren featured guest contributor, Sierra Godfrey, who interviewed Roni’s agent Sara Megibow (if you were able to follow THAT…gold star for you!) on just that topic! Thank you ladies because now it’s clear!
- One of my favorite bloggers, the Hack Novelist, wrote a great post this week about the importance of getting honest feedback from objective folks for your novel. Fantastic read and he makes a poignant argument!
- Do you…and be honest here (this is NOT a trick question) know the difference between editing and proofreading? Because…there is a difference. A big one. If you aren’t sure, be sure to swing by Nicole Basaraba’s blog where she featured a fantastic guest post by the uberlicious Jenny Hansen who breaks the editing/proofreading mystery down for you.
Laugh Out Loud:
- Need a laugh? Heard about twitter’s latest and hottest hashtag the #pantypeeps (long live the #pantypeeps)? Well…head over to Jenny Hansen’s blog to get the low down on that and so much more (hand-knit g-strings in fun fur, and…the truth behind Thunderwear). I promise, you’ll be in mass giggles!
- Paige Kellerman had me giggling with her post on making do and tightening the old purse strings now that they are down to one income. I am not sure how the glued-together-envelops will make for toilet paper but it’s unlikely to be a hit. Although, I give her an A for effort! LOL!
- Ummm…Noa Gavin has a stalker…and she did a video about it. O.M.G funny!
Life Out Loud:
- I read the most heartfelt post this week. Stacy Green’s brother (age 50) has been battling stage 4 throat cancer for nearly eighteen months. His story is one of inspiration! He is a hero in his spirit and his positive attitude. He is a living reminder to all of us to cherish life. As Stacy said “Life’s too short to waste time being angry or hiding behind our fears. Embrace them and move forward.” Ain’t that the truth Stacy?!?! In her brother’s honor, I hope you will join me in living large!
- My good friend and ROW80 Sista Nancy Nicholson did a wonderful post this week about preparing for life’s next steps. In the sailing business, it’s all about being as prepared as possible and then…well…just going for it. Life is much the same, isn’t it!?!?! Great post Nancy!
- Take a morning stroll with Patricia Sands through Antibes, France. I guarantee her photos will sweep you off your feet!
I hope you enjoyed this week’s line-up of fantabulous blog posts. Stay tuned for next week’s. I promise to go and spend oodles of time (time away from friends and family I’ll have you know…) to bring you this do-or-die information…My god…you guys must really love me!!
Got any ditties of your own to share? Let me know and maybe they’ll be featured as part of next week’s line-up…