It’s Thursday and that means it’s time to share the blog luv.
Blog Out Loud:
- When I saw Roni Loren’s post “Is Blogging Dead?” I will admit, I nearly had a heart attack. What? It’s dead? But I just got to the party?!?! In essence, she actually points out that yes, the blogosphere is crowded. And yes, the blogosphere for writers is a wall-to-wall crowded room. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t start a blog or keep going with your own blog if it’s something you enjoy! Phew…good news cause I really didn’t want to give all THIS up quite yet!!
Write Out Loud:
- Yesterday, I was at the dentist office listening to CBC Radio. One of the things I love about CBC is the nice, drawn out interviews that allow you to be distracted while someone shoves pointy instruments into your mouth. And low and behold, I got to hear a great interview with authors Rachel Manija Brown and Sherwood Smith who were there talking about whether young-adult fiction is intolerant of gay characters. These two caused a stir this month with an open letter calling on their colleagues to speak up about an unspoken rule in their corner of the publishing world: that gay characters aren’t particularly welcome. What’s your experience?
- Jenny Hansen is rocking out over at her blog cause she knows the party is coming! She’s talking about how, in less than one week, the #ROW80 hashtag is going to light up like the stage at a rock concert. If you’re scratching your head, wondering what the hell ROW80 is, check out her blog and JOIN in the fun. I am!
- Marcia Richards is excited because K.M. Weiland just released her new book, Outline Your Novel…Map Your Way To Success, and she’s having a contest to make the launch successful! Woot woot – who doesn’t love a contest! You could win a Kindle and over $100 in writing craft books. Sweet! Now, as a Canadian I don’t qualify (boohoo!!!) but that didn’t stop me from buying her new book anyway. Given that I am joining the ROW80 party and one of my goals will be to do an outline, this is what I like to call, perfect timing!!
Laugh Out Loud:
- This week Piper Bayard decided to step up to the plate in a big way. In her post, Ok. I’ll do it. I’ll run for President, she spills the dirty deets on her campaign platform. My favorite line of the entire post: “And remember, great things grow in dirt and manure.” WAHAHAHA!!! Loved it and I am totally going to use it!!! And Piper, I’d vote for ya!
- Have you visited the ever charming and hilarious Tawna Fenske lately? I nearly died when I read her post on her cat being a filthy pervert. Having been a cat owner for a number of years I can attest that they are all filthy perverts!
- You all know that I’ve put my foot in my mouth a couple of times. Well Jenny from the blog makes my little “mishap” look like child’s play! She had the Freudian slip of all slips…in a VERY PUBLIC place….in front of children no less! SHE’s my freaking hero! LOL!
Life Out Loud:
- Ever take on a major home renovation on your own? HGTV meet Jillian Dodd! She’s been working night and day to make her 17-year-old daughters dream room that included requests that it be comfortable, ethnic, casual, trippy, beachy, Asian and bohemian influenced room with black lights and a disco ball that looks grown up (who is this girl…I love her already!) And let me tell you, Jillian delivered in spades! The room is uberlicious and every teenage girl’s DREAM come true – way to go Jillian – you rock!
- Ever felt overwhelmed by everything on your to do list? How do you make sure you get it all done AND write? Susan Bischoff wrote a great post this week on how a control journal worked for her in the past. I am in awe. I love it. This is totally something that would work for me (cause I am a wee bit of a control freak…I know…shocking?!?!?)! I mean, the name alone…control journal….come on…I must have one!
I hope you enjoyed this week’s line-up of fantabulous blog posts. Stay tuned for next week’s. I promise to go and spend oodles of time (time away from friends and family I’ll have you know…) to bring you this do-or-die information…My god…you guys must really love me!!
Got any ditties of your own to share? Let me know and maybe they’ll be featured as part of next week’s line-up…