Poor hubby had to put up with me nerdjacking the entire conversation on our way to the camp this weekend about the blog award I won. To his credit, he listened with enthusiasm and congratulated me appropriately. But y’all in the blogosphere would understand a little better. I won a Liebster Award!
Break out the champagne! Woot woot!
I have to admit, I’ve been seeing the Liebster Award being awarded to my some of my uberlicious blog friends here and there and I was happy for them! Seriously…I was!!! I mean, I am!!! They rock and deserve the honor. But at the same time, I wondered “why not my little blog?!?! What do have to do to get your attention people???”
And then voila, my good friend and ahhhmazing fellow blogger Tameri Etherton bestowed the honor on me. Thank you!!! I am gushing and blushing…again!
Tameri and I met at writer social media guru Kristen Lamb’s Blog to Build Your Brand course (another round starts in October/November – I HIGHLY recommend it). I gotta just say it straight up, Tameri rocks my world! Her trashy TV recap posts are a highlight of my week because she covers ALL of my favs. And her whimsy Wednesdays are always filled with something hilarious. It’s one of my go-to blogs for great content!
According to the uber fabulous Barbara McDowell, the Liebster Award originated in Germany and Liebster means “dear, sweet, darling, beloved.” The point of the award is to help bring a little more attention to blogs with fewer than 200 followers (what??? You mean I don’t have 200 followers yet??? Hmmmm!?!?!)
Winners of a Liebster must:
- Post the award on your blog and show thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them via the award graphic. Check out the award in my right hand menu, it now links to Tameri’s fab blog!
- Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog or send them a shout out on Twitter. It’s all about spreading the love.
- Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the Internet – other writers (and bloggers).
Now for the moment you’ve all been waiting for. The five blogs I would like to honor with a Liebster Award are bloggers who make my blog world a way better place to be in. I love to read, comment, tweet and follow their blogs because they rock. The content is well written, fun, and informative. And the reciprocating support and the blog luv they shower on me fills my heart with gratitude and joy.
Now, I can’t be 100% each of these blogs has under 200 followers part but I am going with people I believe fit the criteria and that I read, adore, and want to promo. And I tried to find ahhmazing bloggers I love who hadn’t already received the Liebster honor. So, without further ado, I would like to award and congratulate the following bloggers with a Liebster Award:
- Patricia Sands, author of The Bridge Club, is traveling around France and since we all can’t be there with her to experience it in person, she shares her journey with each of us through her blog. Filled with gorgeous pictures and amazing sights and stories, you’ll think you were right there with her. Merci Patricia!
- Kate Wood will take you back in time to the glorious days of the ancient Celts, Picts, Druids, Boudicca, and King Arthur. She is captivated by history and legends and you will be to once you start to follow her blog. Take a cup of tea when you sit down with Kate. It’ll just feel right.
- Diana Murdock, author of Again, writes a blog with posts that are intimate, extremely well-written, and often prompt me to think beyond the ordinary; to dig a little deeper. I love them. She writes from her heart and soul and you won’t be sorry you visited her.
- Kait Nolan, author of Red (which I just finished – it rocked) and the Mirus series, posts on writing, life in general, and on Operation Goddess in Training. She’s funny, poignant and writes straight from the heart. The blog is easy to read, well written and chalked full of great content. I guarantee, once you start reading, you won’t be able to stop.
- Wordbitches, with a name like that how could I not honor them with a Liebster. This blog rocks my writing world with amazing posts from three amazing writers (Leanne Shirtliffe, Elena Aitken, and Trish Loye Elliott). These writers use this blog as a means of accountability to their writing goals. Their posts cover a gamut of topics but are all mostly related to the real-world experience of writing with great tips, tricks, and ideas. Keep up the good work ladies!
There you go award-winning fellow bloggers! Enjoy your well-deserved honor! Now go spread the luv!