Yip, it’s Tuesday and that means it’s time to get a little twisted but before we do, I gotta get Monday’s post up. Yes, you read right: Monday’s post. I was offline all weekend (yes, I had withdrawals…I am jittery as I type this…LOL) and wasn’t able to get yesterday’s post online – sorry gang – so here it is!
There’s a fun game of tag going around the blogging community right now, and I’ve been harassed tagged by the lovely Patricia Sands from my #Wana711 blogging class, which was presented to us by (as Patricia said best) social media Goddess and mighty fine lady, Kristen Lamb.
The rules of the game are as follows (and you ALL know how much I love rules!):
- First, you must be tagged by someone, which I was.
- Then you list 10 random facts about yourself.
- Then you harass tag four more people (I suggest, as Patricia did for me and I did for my taggees, you email your tag victims for their blessing before you just TAG them. That way they hopefully won’t delete their subscription to your blog or stop following you on twitter).
Sweet…here we go!!!
10 random facts about…ME!!!
- I LOVE pageants. In my late 20s, I took part in a married woman’s pageant system; not once, but twice. The second time I placed first-runner up but then lost my crown…More about that in an upcoming post.
- I truly believe that someday I will win a multi-million dollar lottery. Don’t ask me why but I just believe that. Hence the reason I spend like the big pay day is ah comin’!
- I don’t have any children of my own. Not because I can’t, but because I have no desire to.
- I talk to my father all the time (he died when I was 16) and I believe he can hear me and that he guides me in my life. Likely plays a role in the lottery win delusion belief; of course Dad will someday “rig” my win! Duh….
- The book Conversations with God altered my beliefs deep within and gave me the strength to grow in love with myself and life. This book quite literally changed my life.
- Growing up, my mother insisted that we have dinner as a family every single night, at 6 pm. And we did. No TV. No reading. No distractions. We ate as a family, together, and we talked. Back then, I thought the entire exercise was useless and strange (none of my friends did it…) but looking back, I realize how it did build a sense of family. That mother of mine DID know what she was doing.
- I never really saw the importance of a university degree until I walked across the stage and earned my degree in journalism and got out into the workforce and realized how imperative it was to my career. Phew….good call Natalie!
- I am a huge reality TV addict. Right now I am swept up in all things Big Brother and the Bachelor Pad as I anticipate the start of another season of America’s Next Top Model and Survivor (both premiere on Sept 14 – O.M.G – big TV night at my place…) to name but a few of my shows of choice.
- My Mom is my greatest hero, inspiration, and best friend. I have learned so much from her and have the most profound respect for her. Together, we’ve overcome more than anyone can image to create a dream team mother/daughter relationship. It wasn’t easy but the critical factor that made it happen; SHE NEVER, EVER GAVE UP ON ME OR STOPPED TRYING! Thanks Mom – you rock my world!
- Television advertisers LOVE ME! Whatever I see on TV, I want. Hubby tries to limit my exposure to infomercials and the home shopping channel. Can you say DEADLY on the pocket book! I believe everything they say and immediately want to order. Sign me up for today’s showstopper, blockbuster, as-seen-on-tv offer!!!
So, wadda ya think? Interesting? In love with me yet? BLUSH, I don’t blame you, I am really quite fascinating!
Now for the fun part! I’ve actually got SIX keen bloggers waiting to share their random facts with you. Woot woot ladies – rockin’ my world! Tag…you are all IT!
Readers….your mission (should you choose to accept) is to show them some blog luv by visiting their blogs, get to know them, and give them some comments.
Tell me some random fact about yourself! The more “out there,” the better!